Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Apple Core Quilt

My childhood apple core quilt.



When I was a girl I had an apple core patterned quilt. None of the pieces matched another. I was an insomniac as a child and spent many hours in my bed (I was supposed to be napping)looking at the images and patterns on each piece and touching the different textures of the fabrics.

I loved that quilt and still enjoy admiring it. I have it even though some of the fabric is wore and shows the inner lining of the blanket. Every once in a while I take it out and put it on my bed. I do not leave it on for long because I quickly notice the places that need repairs and would be sad if it were destroyed.

The pictures of Chantels Quilt of Despair remind me of the fun that I had admiring that blanket and inspires me to make one for my younger boys to enjoy. I also think it would be neat to use their wore and outgrown clothing so they can look at it when they are older and reminisce upon their younger days.


Chantels crazy quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment