Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Favorite Hot Fudge Sundae

On really hot days when we don’t feel like eating a heavy meal we will often enjoy fresh fruit, cheese and crackers and ice cream desserts. This is my favorite hot fudge sundae recipe. It is just not the same without Hershey’s Special Recipe Hot Fudge.


Vanilla ice cream
Hershey’s Special Recipe Hot Fudge
Reddi-Wip
Maraschino cherry
Sundae dishes or 1 cup glass measuring cups

Heat the fudge in the microwave 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until warm and easy to pour.
Place 1 – 2 scoops of ice cream in the dish.
Pour hot fudge over ice cream.
Spray Reddi-Wip on fudge and ice cream.
Top with a maraschino cherry.
Serve immediately.

Usually I encourage purchasing off brands or discounted items…but PLEASE do not skimp on ice cream or toppings. If you are going to pamper yourself with a treat…then really pamper yourself! I recommend Breyers Ice Cream and Edy’s Grand Ice Cream. Kroger has Private Selection which is good for the price.

You can prepare this in a regular bowl but I find the fudge melts just the way I like it when snuggled against the ice cream in a tall, thin container.

No comments:

Post a Comment