Sunday, February 21, 2010

While The Boyz Are Away Momma Will Play

I don't feel like I've accomplished much since the boyz left. It's all good though. I don't feel bad about playing while they are with their dad. Most married couples share parenting daily. Most divorced couples share parenting on the weekends. I'm with my boyz with no breaks or shared parenting (like the marrieds) for 5 weeks minimum, then they are with their dad for 5 days. I'm not complaining, I love it. I'm just explaining why I dont feel bad about goofing off while they're away.
I salvaged a bunch of boards from my firewood pile that will make great decorative plaques when I'm finished working them over.
I like to "repurpose" old things that nobody wants anymore 4 my crafts whenever possible instead of sending them 2 the trash & buying new stuff.
I washed, primed, & basecoated some of the boards a soft, sunny yellow. The paint is also left over from a previous project. Soon I will put fun words and images on the boards, clear coat them, and send them up north to a friends store.

No comments:

Post a Comment