Thursday, December 3, 2009

I emptied the nook that holds the fire wood so I could paint the walls. The wood supply was very low and needed to be replenished soon. I had the brilliant idea that I should put a few coats of polyurethane on the raw wood floor before we replaced the firewood and brought more in from outdoors.
Late last night I put the first coat of polyurethane on the floor, then the second coat this morning. Our dog loves looking out the window next to the nook so I strategically put a trunk and a stool out to prevent him from walking on the wet floor. That silly dog went behind the hot wood burning stove to walk on the wet floor and to look out the window. He left large puppy paw prints in the wet polyurethane! I am happy to report that the floor was still wet enough to touch it up. When the floor was dry and I moved the hutch back I noticed a few puppy prints that I missed. Now we have partial dog foot prints on our floor. Cute huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment