Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Best-est Banana Bread Ever!

This messy recipe card has worked very hard in my many kitchens, faithfully helping me bake hundreds of loaves of super yummy banana bread since I was a teenager. (I didn't know about sleeves that keep the cards clean back then) This is THE best banana bread ever! I lost the recipe several years ago in one of my moves. I looked & looked for it many times then would give up & try a different recipe. Every one left me disappointed. Finally, this winter, I stumbled across it (yayee!) while unpacking yet another box. (unpacking seems to be a neverending process LOL) I want to publish this recipe just in case I lose it again, cuz I'm like that. ;)

1/2 c oil
1 c sugar
mix
2 eggs
3 very ripe mashed bananas
beat thoroughly.
in a separate bowl mix:
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
add flour mixture to banana mixture & beat well
3 Tbs milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c nuts(optional)
add to banana/flour mixture & mix well.
Bake in greased loaf pan @ 350 for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment