Thursday, May 8, 2008

Indiana Jones at the Drive-In Theater

My boys had their first drive-in experience this weekend. We were contemplating what we should do this Memorial Day weekend. We all wanted to see the new Indiana Jones movie. I was deciding which theater to go to and suddenly it occurred to me that we should go to the drive-in!

First, we went to Italia Gardens for pasta and yummy bread. While there we thought it would be neat if their friends came too. I called my girlfriend and her husband was home so they packed their lawn chairs, snacks and blankets in their truck and met us there.

It got pretty chilly. I was silly and didn’t even think about dressing warm for the evening weather, but it worked out fine. The children all crawled in the truck to stay warm while the adults snuggled in blankets outdoors and chatted while watching the movie. We had fun.

I bet you are wondering what we thought of the Indiana Jones movie? We loved it. It was exactly what we expected. It had all the silly adventure that the other movies had plus a sweet sappy ending. I especially love that they always make it out of dangerous situations by the “hair of their teeth”. It is completely unrealistic but totally entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment