Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Survived Ugly Trials? Don't Hide From Them

Today I was thinking about the Forget-Me-Nots that I wrote about the other day. I wish I had taken a picture of that dead-looking mess so you could see the amazing transformation that happened overnight.

It is so amazing how GOD can take something that looks like a dried up, dead mess and just as you’re thinking that you had better tear it before the neighbors notice how unkempt your garden is, HE suddenly turns it into amazingly beautiful flowers and foliage.

I hope I can remember the transformation of those flowers when I am tempted to be too hard and critical of myself and children…or anyone.

GOD has HIS own perfect timing. We cannot know what he has planned for our lives; we must grow at the pace he sets before us.

What we think is a big mess is most often the natural progression of HIS perfect plan for growth and healing in our lives.

These thoughts remind me of this video I discovered a few weeks ago by Seventh Day Slumber.






If you don’t know who these guys are you should check them out. They are real people living real lives and trying to make a difference in our world.

Here is a video of Joseph’s Finally Awake Story.




No comments:

Post a Comment