Friday, December 26, 2008

This Christmas I...

Peanut disguised as a girly lion. Haha


Christmas was different, but nice.
The boys were with their father and will stay there until New Years Eve, when they will come home to party with me. :D
It was Gayles first Christmas Eve alone. She needed help doing some last minute wrapping so I stopped in and finished that with her. Then we came back to my house.
After Shayna got out of work she headed over to my house also.
The three of us spent the evening drinking strawberry daiquiris and eating that nacho dip made in the stack cooker and watching movies. Well, we talked and had fun more than watched the tv. Shayna and I decided to exchange gifts that evening instead of waiting for morning, we are night people ya know.
Around midnight Gayle went home (she only had one daiquiri)and Shayna stayed the night. We slept in on Christmas morning.



Sissy and Peanut.


Papa(Dad) and Judy came after 1pm (the previous night I had invited them to come open presents "first thing in the morning, you know, around noon") Dad gave Shayna and I cash. He didn't realize he was out of tens so Shayna got a big wad of ones in her envelope. That was funny. Judy got Shayna and I a neat nail kit. It has a foam block with different textures on different sides. After buffing your nail with all sides it becomes really shiny. It also came with a nail file, lotion and cuticle oil. Shayna and I have super shiny nails now. they look pretty!
Shayna had to go to her dads family before work so she got up and showered and pretty shortly after Dad and Judy left. I was home alone for the rest of the day. I know you are wondering if I set crazy traps for the goofy robbers, well no cuz that was just a movie. Instead i fell asleep on the sofa and slept all day. I didn't realize I was so tired. When I got up later in the day it was dark. I watched tv and ate too much pecan pie (thanks for the pie Judy!)
I really enjoyed my quiet Christmas but missed my boys. They had lots of fun so it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment