Monday, December 22, 2008

Ronald Was In Israel


I just got a letter from Ronald sharing his latest Naval adventures. Of course he cannot share any info regarding his location until they have left for security reasons.

He writes:

We got to visit Israel.

Had the best chicken wings in my life at a little hole in the wall bar…

I went on an all day tour of Jerusalem…

Got to see all the places where Jesus went…

Gethsemane, The path he walked with the cross (Via Delarosa… (I think), The Mount of Olives…

It was pretty awesome…



Went to a place called Massada, And ancient palace/fortress of King Herod that overlooks the Dead Sea…



Went swimming/floating in the Dead Sea…

That was a blast…



You could stand up in the middle of the water and float about chest deep…

Or you could lie on your stomach or back on top of the water…

Like a cork…



There is no animal life whatsoever…

The water is so clear no matter where you were you could see the bottom as if you were inches from it…

That’s another thing…

The bottom of the Dead Sea is a block of salt…

White salt with little black balls of salt periodically…

No sand, No rocks…

Just a rough block of salt.





It was the most awesome tour I’ve ever been on.



As with every where else…

When I get to some good internet places I’ll post some photos.


J






I still miss him terribly. I suppose a mom always misses her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment