Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

It is New Years Eve. I had planned on my boyz coming home to celebrate. We usually get together with another family. They wanted us to come over this year but I have all these pups to care for (did I share about the pups yet? If I didn't, I will). I am not comfortable leaving them for long lengths of time.
We were also invited to our friends annual party. They make egg rolls and hot wings and take the kids out....hmmm, what would you call it? They take the kids out on sleds behind the 4 wheeler and go crazy up and down the road. They go from snow bank to snow bank on either side of the road. Don't worry. They live way up north and you see a car coming 2 miles up the road.
This family has 8 children, chickens, goats, great danes, old english bull dogges, chihuahuas, 100-something acres to play on. It is just a blast to go there in general and they put a lot of effort to make sure their New Years Eve parties are super special. I wanted to go there but I just made a trip up there the 26th to get my dogs and have to make another trip up there on the 8th to get "Z"s dog. I don't want to spend that money on gas. (they live over 3 hours away)
So, I will be staying home alone. Don't feel sorry for me, as you see this is a choice. I also have other friends and family I could hang out with if I wanted. I prefer to stay home. I have plans to paint the trim in the living room, a chore I have been putting off for a long time. Or, I may chose to do nothing instead.
When the boyz go with their father I tend to clean and do nothing. It is wonderful to have a quiet house, to do what I want when I want to do it, to think or craft or read or watch tv. I would not like to make this a lifestyle, but it is a nice break. Sort of like a mini vacation...at home. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment