Friday, June 12, 2009

Replacing the "D" Key

My son was snacking on a granola bar over my computer today. Later, I noticed a crumb on the keyboard. I tried to brush it off. Instead, it fell down between the keys. As I was working, the “D” key continued to not work.

I took the "D" key off, took out the crumb (and a whole lot of fuzz), and could not get it back on. I did a google search to learn how to fix it.


www.machinaelectronics.com
gave excellent and simple instructions with great pictures, like this:



I had my “D” key back on my keyboard in a matter of minutes…after I dropped the tiny parts a few times. Sheesh!

Thanks Machinaelectronics.com !!!

After seeing all the fuzz that was under that one key, I think I should take the others off and give it a good cleaning. I will get to that someday, when I have a few spare moments in my busy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment