Saturday, September 20, 2008

It’s Moving Day!

A lot has happened since my last post. Today the movers are coming to move our stuff into storage. Actually the “movers” are strong men and a friend with trailers. My boys and I have been transporting boxes (via a friend’s larger vehicle – thanks Judy!) and I have realized that my body is just not as hearty as it used to be. I asked my dad to make arrangements so that I did not have to move the furniture too. He was so thankful that I did all the packing that he was happy to arrange that.

My dad purchased a wooded piece of land from a friend with the intent of moving out home there. He had the land cleared and a put in a foundation. Our new neighbors tease us because we didn’t put in a basement. We didn’t want one because we don’t need more living space and we don’t keep a lot of things that we don’t use or have space for.

Thursday the house will be moved onto the foundation. After that they will remove the roof and put on another with a steeper pitch to meet the local building codes. Then the well and septic system will be installed and we will be able to move back in.

While all this is happening my dad will be staying with my younger brother and his family. My sons, dogs and I will stay with my older brother and his wife. They are on vacation until the beginning of the month so we will be “home alone” at their place for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment